Avondale Estates Urology
If you have urological health concerns and you live in Avondale Estates, you’ve likely searched for “Avondale Estates urology,” “urologist Avondale Estates” or “urology near me” on the internet. Luckily, Advanced Urology is here. We are here to make the needs of both our male and female patients a number one priority.
From the moment our patients step into one of our locations, they will have a positive experience. This is why Avondale Estates citizens often choose Advanced Urology when seeking urology in Avondale Estates. Our patients enjoy a number of convenient features including relaxing waiting rooms, same-day appointments and short wait times, and nothing is as important to us as the experience our patients have in our offices. We offer treatment for many different urological conditions for the citizens of Avondale Estates.
Male Reproductive and Fertility Issues
Fertility and sexuality can often be health issues for both women and men. Every year, infertility affects more and more couples in the U.S. We treat the following male fertility and reproductive issues:
- Male infertility – Male infertility affects 7.5 percent of couples, and it can be caused by many things, among them is illicit drug use, tobacco use, hormone imbalance, previous surgeries, weight and heavy metal exposure.
- Erectile dysfunction or ED – Many men are faced with the condition of ED. It is, fortunately, relatively easy to treat.
- Low testosterone – Low testosterone or hypogonadism can cause decreased libido and energy.
No matter what kind of cancer it is, the quicker a doctor catches it, the better. It’s important to see an Avondale Estates urologist as soon as possible if you suspect you may have any of the following urological cancers:
- Bladder cancer – Although bladder cancer is more common among men, it affects both men and women. The risk of bladder cancer can be decreased by eating a lot of fruits and vegetables that are rich in antioxidants and stopping tobacco use.
- Kidney cancer – Kidney or renal cancer is one of the most ten common cancers in the United States. Surgery is the preferred treatment, typically through a partial or radial nephrectomy.
- Prostate cancer – 11.2 percent of men are likely to be diagnosed with prostate cancer at some point in their lives, and it has the third highest mortality rate among deaths related to cancer. Men who eat a lot of red meat, are African American, have a specific gene mutation or are older are more likely to develop prostate cancer.
- Testicular cancer – At some point in their lives, one in 250 men will develop testicular cancer. However, only one in 5,000 men will die from the condition, making it one of the easier forms of cancer to treat.
Urinary Tract and Bladder Issues
Both men and women are prone to urinary tract and bladder issues, and we are happy to treat the following issues for residents of Avondale Estates:
- PBS or painful bladder syndrome – PBS and interstitial cystitis are often used as interchangeable terms, but PBS is a broader condition. Life can be a challenge for patients diagnosed with either condition, however, because extreme pain in the bladder can be caused.
- Kidney stones – Crystalline salts that form in the kidneys or urinary tract are kidney stones. They can be small and not noticeable or they can be large and cause a lot of pain.
- Urethral stricture – When the urethra becomes too narrow to allow for smooth passage of urine, a urethral stricture is present.
- Both male and female patients in Avondale Estates often present with the following conditions:
- Overactive bladder – This condition typically causes leakage and incontinence. It is often a result of bladder abnormalities, enlarged prostate, neurological disorder, excessive caffeine or alcohol, diabetes or infections.
- UTI or urinary tract infection – A course of antibiotics can typically treat this common condition.
- Incontinence – Urge, fecal, stress and overflow are the most common types of incontinence. Incontinence typically indicates a larger condition.
Other Urological Conditions
For those who are living in Avondale Estates, we also treat a number of other urological conditions including:
- Prostate conditions – Prostate cancer is not the only prostate condition that is a concern for men. Other conditions include an inflamed prostate (prostatitis) or an enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia). If you’re having an excessive need to urinate or difficulty urinating, it could be a symptom of either condition so it’s important to get your prostate checked.
- Pelvic organ prolapse – For women who have given birth, pelvic organ prolapse can cause severe pain or discomfort to the lower abdomen or vagina.
If you are in need of urological care in Avondale Estates, Advanced Urology is here for you. Contact us today to make your first appointment. If you are having urological issues, it’s essential that you seek treatment as soon as you can. We can’t wait to provide you with the best patient experience possible.